Je Tries to Cook: Bacon and Penne Pasta with Creamy Tomato Sauce
Published on January 04, 2015
I cooked this pasta dish a couple of months ago. I was trying to recover my old files from my dead laptop when I realized that this is one of my many backlogs! Do you remember the time when my best friend tagged me along to the National Pasta Month celebration? In the said event, I was one of the lucky winners who took home some goodies from Dona Elena Al Dente Pasta. I made this very simple pasta dish using their penne pasta.
I love pasta dishes, whether it’s tomato-based or cream-based. But if you can have the best of both, will you say no? Because I love pasta dishes in creamy tomato sauce, I decided to have my own take of my personal favorite.
1. Put the diced bacon in a preheated pan. Don’t ask me how much bacon I put because I didn’t really care. You can never go wrong with bacon, anyway! :p
2. If the bacon has turned brown, set it aside. Make a small room in the center of the pan. Put just a tiny amount of the olive oil. You don’t need much because we already have the fats from the bacon.
3. Sauté the onions. Once translucent, add in the garlic.
4. Add the spaghetti sauce and water. Wait for it to simmer.
5. Add the milk, cream, salt, pepper and cheese. Let it simmer in very low heat.
6. Mix the cooked pasta with the sauce. Top it with Parmesan cheese.
Didn’t I tell you that this is such a simple pasta dish?! This was actually my first time to try it, and I am just so glad that it turned out really well! I served this during dinner along with my homemade pepperoni pizza! =)
* All photos were taken with a Nikon D60